How To Get Started Painting
Ever wanted to start being an artist but you’re not sure how? There are a ton of ways to get started. Here are a few tips for how to get started painting.
- Set A Goal: What kind of pieces do you want to make? Do you want to paint landscapes? People? Abstract representations? These questions can lead to answers about what kind of supplies you might need, what kind of a workspace you’ll need, and maybe how much time you’ll need.
- Try Watercolor Paint: Watercolors are a great way to start getting into painting. They’re a cheap alternative to other paints because you can get a lot of colors for not a lot of money. You may need to get special paper that can handle the water and the thin translucent layers of color.
- Choose Your Brushes: The two main things to pay attention to when choosing brushes are the shape of the bristles, and what they’re made of. The shape is wither round, flat, or filbert. The bristles can be constructed of many different things. For beginners, shape may be more important than bristle material.
- Familiarize Yourself With The Color Wheel: As shown above, the color wheel is a map of colors that shows how new colors can be created. This is important for mixing colors if you’re not using water colors, and it’s a good at to understand how touching colors could end up looking.
- Don’t Be Afraid To Try New Things: The best part about painting is that there’s no right or wrong. There’s always a chance to try something new, listen to your heart, and put any color anywhere. Who says a banana is yellow! In your painting, it’s your world.
The hardest part about painting is getting started. Once you get over your fear of failure, nothing can stop you from creating a masterpiece! Like we said, your painting is your world and there’s no right or wrong.